Summary- A dressing table is considered a bedroom vanity unit, and here are a few things you should be aware of before you buy one.
A modern dressing table is a symbol of elegance. It is also the best companion in the house because it is the first thing you seek approval from. Girls love to spend most of their time in front of this furniture, especially when they want to look your best. It finds pride of place in the bedroom and can say a lot about your personality!
But in order to buy the most suitable one for the home, one has to have the proper knowledge. Let’s look at some of the points one should consider to ensure a worthy investment is made.
- Size of the Room: The first and foremost thing that one has to do is to measure the size of the space allotted for the dressing table. One has to make sure that it doesn’t look odd or overwhelming at the space it is kept. If it is nicely installed it creates a cosy ambience. One has to make sure there is room for moving around. Placing a small chair or stool in front of the mirror would be an ideal arrangement. If an appropriately sized unit is selected, it gives the room quite a balanced look.
- Budget: the budget of the consumer should be specific. Going with the flow is the worst way it could be. One has the option to browse through a variety of manufacturer’s website. That will help to create an idea of the ongoing prices of different pieces.
- Style: One’s personality is reflected by the style of the furniture one owns. A vintage look is presented by a bedroom vanity unit that has an antique look. Adding a mirror can change the look of the entire room. Adding a stylish round or oval mirror will add an eclectic look. Choosing a simple piece with a mirror and multiple drawers or a mounted one as per preference can showcase one’s personal style.
- Colour: Hues and shades of the unit are one of the important factors to consider. Neutral colours or wooden colour are popular home decor choices and can easily match the mood and feel of the bedroom.
- Purpose: One has to ascertain the reason for buying the dressing table. Broadly there are two types of purposes solved – storage needs and the mirror to dress up nicely. Jewellery and cosmetic items can be stored in the drawer or shelves. Additionally, they need to be handy while one is getting ready.
- Durability: Good quality wood is what makes up for a vibrant and picturesque look. Quality of the mirror used and the finishing should be checked beforehand.
- Positioning: The dressing table should be placed according to the light inflow in the room. Placing it by the windows or having a light installed allows one to dress up in natural light and get a fair idea on how they are looking before they actually step outside.
Most people assume a contemporary dressing table is all about sleekness and utility, but it can add to the glamor quotient of the room. If maintained cautiously, it will last a lifetime and will have a timeless appeal.