The zippers that you can find in your clothes, backpacks or any other item can break along with time. In such a situation, it is important for you to have a clear understanding on how to fix the zipper on your own. Here are the steps that you will be able to follow in order to get the job done.
- While using the pliers, you can pry off the metallic stop of the zipper. You might find this a bit hard, but if you can out some extra efforts with your hands, you will be able to get the job done. In case if it is not visible, you will be able to seek the assistance of a screwdriver or a kitchen knife.
- When you remove the metal stop, you can move the slider down. You need to move it down near the bottom part of the zipper. You need to be careful not to take it out completely.
- Now you will be able to realign the teeth of zipper. Then you can make them mesh in a smoother manner. You can use the fingers and arrange teeth of the zipper properly. You can also think about straightening out teeth.
- As the next step, you can zip it in upward direction. When you get to the half way mark, you need to make sure that the zipper is running straight.
- You can now get a strong thread and a needle. With the help of them, you can sew around the area, where you could find the old metal stop. Your objective in here is to replace the entire stop with the thread. You can keep on looping and sewing the bottom of the zipper in a firm manner.
- Now you will be able to pull the zipper in upward direction. You can pull it all the way to the top.
- In case if your zipper becomes misaligned again, you will be able to remove the stitch using a seam ripper and then you can repeat the entire procedure again.
If these steps didn’t provide you with positive results, you will have to replace the zipper. That’s where you need to figure out where to buy wholesale zippers. Then you can remove the existing zipper and get the new zipper attached to the cloth or any other product.